Axopatch 200A with micropipette first tests

The video above shows my test tentative experiments using the Axopatch 200A and a micropipette pulled using the Sutter P-97 as I described yesterday.

I used KCL diluted to ~100mM and sucked the solution into the pipette using a syringe. I didn’t have the correct tubing and pulled the sheath off a piece of silicon sheathed wire. It seemed to work ok. Drawing fluid into the pipette wasn’t easy I think I either have the wrong clamp for the pipette or perhaps it needs some PTFE tape to seal it.

Anyway, it appeared to more or less work and I could vary the current through the solution by changing the bias voltage. This is all I wanted for a first test and I now have a short list of bits and pieces I’d need to acquire to go further.